Skilled Legal Expertise With All Types Of Divorces
Family law problems, such as divorce, can be complex and emotional. At Robertson, Oswalt, Nony & Associates, we know this to be true from both our legal and personal experiences. We want to reassure you that things will get better. Let us help you focus on that better future by making legal decisions that are best for you and your family today.
If you are or will be going through a divorce, there are many legal issues that may have to be addressed, including:
- Child Custody: Parents sometimes worry that they will lose touch with their children if child custody arrangements change. We fight hard to make sure that this does not happen because we know that, except in abusive situations, children need both parents in their lives, even if only through visitation rights.
- Child Support: Arkansas child support laws have changed in recent years. We can talk to you about how you and your children may be affected by these changes. We will also help you with issues of enforcement and modification of child support after a divorce.
- Alimony (spousal support or maintenance): We will help you understand how Arkansas spousal support laws may apply to you during your divorce. We will take time to provide you with the customer service you deserve and answer every question and concern you have about how divorce will affect your family, your finances and your future.
- Property Division: During a marriage dissolution, the resources that supported one family must now be divided to support two. When dividing the marital property and debts, Arkansas courts attempt an “equitable distribution.” Although equitable asset division is often 50-50, it is not always completely equal. Courts may consider factors such as the length of the marriage and the age, health, and situation in life of each party when deciding what is fair.
- Uncontested Divorce: If you have decided to pursue an uncontested divorce, it is best to retain a knowledgeable family law attorney who can help you file all necessary paperwork with the court and help you navigate through the sometimes complex dissolution process.
Providing You With Advice At Every Stage Of Your Divorce
Throughout your divorce, our attorneys will provide you with the guidance and insight you need to ensure that the process moves as smoothly as possible for you and your family. We will help you with every aspect of your divorce, from deciding how to handle financial decisions to advice about other matters that accompany a divorce.
Click on the individual links listed on this page to learn about the following divorce issues:
- Using social media during your divorce
- Rights of stay-at-home spouses and working spouses
- Modifying divorce decrees
- Property division
- High net worth divorces
- Military divorce
- Preparing for your divorce
- Understanding the divorce process
- Considerations before filing
Contact A Skilled Little Rock Divorce Attorney Today
Contact us about your concerns related to your divorce or other dissolution matters if you are a nontraditional couple, whether homosexual or heterosexual, by calling 501-588-4451 or 866-311-3815 to schedule an initial consultation today. You may also send us an email.
At Robertson, Oswalt, Nony & Associates, we are dedicated to fighting for our clients’ best interests. From our office in Little Rock, we help divorce clients throughout Arkansas.