Experienced. Aggressive. Effective.

Modifying Child Custody Arrangements In Arkansas

As children grow and as families change, their needs change as well. Sometimes existing child custody orders are no longer adequate. When this happens, it is possible to request modification of an existing court order.

At Robertson, Oswalt, Nony & Associates, in Little Rock, we help Arkansas parents with matters of child custody modification. Our team of knowledgeable and skilled attorneys can guide you through the process to make sure things go smoothly and that your interests — and the interests of your child — are protected.

Arkansas child custody laws changed in 2021. How does this impact your situation and request for modification? Contact us for help.

Many of the child custody modification cases we handle involve situations where a custodial parent is allegedly not taking good care of the child. The noncustodial parent motions the court for a modification that gives him or her more time with the child. We also handle modifications of visitation from supervised visitation to unsupervised visitation, or vice versa. Some of these cases involve the very serious psychological problem of parental alienation syndrome.

Relocation Outside Of Arkansas

In these difficult economic times, more and more parents are being forced to move away from Arkansas in search of employment. Robertson, Oswalt, Nony & Associates, offers representation for matters related to parental “move-aways..

While courts cannot prohibit a move without good reason, we often advise our clients subject to existing Arkansas child custody orders that it may be prudent to get the court’s permission before the move. The court will examine whether or not the move is in the best interests of the child Noncustodial parents wishing to oppose the move must show that it is not in the child’s best interests.

Contact Lawyers Dedicated To You And Your Family

Contact Robertson, Oswalt, Nony & Associates, by calling 501-588-4451 or 866-311-3815 to schedule an initial consultation about child custody modification. You may also contact us by email. From our office in Little Rock, we help clients throughout Arkansas. Dedicated to providing cost-effective legal representation, we accept Visa and Mastercard. Payment plans are available.