As a father of two young children, I am a firm believer that both parents have a fundamental right to have a meaningful and lasting role in our children's development. More importantly, however, and especially applicable to the practice of family law, the best interests of our children must always take precedent. At Robertson, Oswalt & Associates, I use my life experiences and legal experiences, to guide my clients through the intricate and unpredictable nature of a modern-day family law case.
Further, as the fundamental right to maintain and grow familial relationships does not end at death, I believe it is imperative to establish a proper plan for the distribution of one's assets after their passing, in order to provide protection, assurance, and comfort to loved ones left behind. Whether by a simple will or more complex estate planning, I assist my clients in making sure their assets are distributed by the method they desire and to the people they choose.
In addition to assisting clients in the planning of their estate and the protection of their familial relationships, I also represent clients whose financial struggles leave them with no other option than bankruptcy. At Robertson, Oswalt & Associates, I use my knowledge of the Bankruptcy Code to help give people facing garnishments, repossessions, foreclosures, and rising credit card and medical debt a fresh start.
- Family Law
- Estate Planning
- University of Arkansas at Little Rock School of Law, Little Rock, Arkansas
- Juris Doctorate
- Honors: Academic Scholarship, 2008-2011
- Arkansas State University
- Bachelor's Degree
- Honors: Trustees Scholarship, 2003-2007
- Major: Accounting
- Arkansas, 2011
- U.S. District Court Western District of Arkansas, 2011
- Bethany v. Jones, 378 S.W.3d 731, 2011 Ark.
- Rogers v. Rogers, 432 S.W.3d 704, 2014 Ark. App. 192
- Foust v. Montez-Torres, 456 S.W.3d 736, 2015 Ark. 66
- Donley v. Donley, S.W.3d 762, 2016 Ark. 243493.
- Top Attorney in Arkansas, Arkansas Life Magazine
- University of Arkansas Little Rock Tax Clinic, 2010
- VOCALS (Central Arkansas Legal Svcs.), 2011 to Present
- Wills for Heroes
- Judge for Arkansas Mock Trial State Tournament
- Arkansas Bar Association, Member, 2011 to Present