Experienced. Aggressive. Effective.

How can I locate a non-custodial parent?

On Behalf of | Jan 6, 2020 | Firm News

When the Arkansas family court issues a child support order, it is up to you and the other parent to ensure payments happen. The court cannot and does not monitor payments. However, the Office of Child Support Enforcement does assist with this. If you have trouble getting the payments due to you, then this agency can help. 

One of the biggest issues with collecting child support is finding out where the other parent is. If he or she leaves the area and ceases communication, you may have trouble figuring out where he or she is to try to enforce the child support order. The Arkansas Department of Finance and Administration explains if you have trouble locating the other parent, the OCSE will work on your behalf to find him or her. 

The OCSE does need your help. If you have information or get information about the other parent’s possible whereabouts, you need to tell the OCSE. This includes sharing information about military service, employment and even the location of family members. 

A caseworker from the OCSE will verify information and help push y our case forward by attempting to gain additional information about the whereabouts of the other parent. The OCSE also has the ability to enforce the order, which means to try to collect the child support due. 

It is always in your best interest to work with the OCSE. Do not hide information or omit information, even if you think it is not helpful. You never know what could help the agency locate the other parent. This information is for education and is not legal advice.